I've written often about the positive effect that making has on me during the dark winter months, post-Christmas-joy, pre-hope-of-spring. This year is no different! I'm employing this list of patterns and projects along with a regular gym habit, plus moments of intentional self care here and there, in the interest of preserving emotional and mental wellness (at least until the temperatures rise and the sun comes back).
And until they do, here's what I'm planning to work on over the next few icy months:
- Practice hand lettering (I got this book for my birthday)
- Knit this hemmed crewneck sweater for myself
- Weave something from this book
- Finish sewing blackout curtains for the guest room
- Start knitting Christmas stockings with an old $1 pattern I bought years ago
- Make a new laundry hamper for our bedroom
- Finish one last Christmas present (yep)
- Sew dish towels out of my fabric stash
- Make more laundry detergent and makeup remover
- Work on our basement storage situation
- Sew this pillow for our bedroom
I'd love to hear how you're keeping your hands busy this winter, too.
*This post contains affiliate links