More on Instagram
Do you rent? We're in the slow, long process of looking for our first home to buy, but in the meantime, my wife Kristie and I are turning our attention to our rental apartment where we've lived for almost six years. (It's a good outlet. I have so many projects planned for our first home, the energy is getting a little pent up.) Our place is lovely, and really perfect for us right now, but has...quirks. Dark wood built-ins in the living room; fire engine red counters in the kitchen. (Those goddamn counters...) Rather than drown in secret Pinterest boards full of ideas for a house we won't be in for months and months, I want to turn my DIY itchiness toward our apartment. The craft room purge was a good start, the living room is in good shape (although I want to explore putting removable wallpaper behind the shelves in the built-in), our bedroom is more or less the same as it was when we updated it two years ago – the kitchen's on my radar next.
SO! Are you a renter, too? What are your hacks for making the space yours without damaging anything – especially in the kitchen?
Things to do this weekend:
- Peep some pretty wallpaper designed by Justina Blakeney
- Meet the woman who keeps Bear Grylls alive
- Print a free badass David Bowie poster
- Watch a '90s movie
- Follow her on Instagram
- Try a new yarn craft
- Weigh in on the kitchen rug debate
- Brittney resurrected her blog – check it out!
My plans for the coming week:
- Sew up some new dish towels (and make mitered corners for the first time, eek!)
- Paint the craft room with Kristie while we catch up on podcasts
- Snuggle with Samson
- Print out coupons
- Watch Wall-E (Kristie got it for me for Valentine's Day!)
- FOR REAL not start reading any new books until I finish the five I'm in the middle of