I love minimalistic jewelry and DIY projects. I know, I know, this isn't news. But I hadn't actually made any jewelry since my friend Katrina and I were 10 years old! We used to sell it at our local fireworks every Fourth of July.
So anyway, it was time to start again.
To make this pendant, you will need:
- Oven-baking clay (I used Sculpey in pearl)
- A sharp knife
- 1.5" eye pin
- Gold leaf paint and a little paint brush
- Painters tape
- Cut off one section of the clay from the rest.
- Insert the eye pin into the top of the clay piece.
- Cut off edges, corners, and sections until you have a geometric shape you like.
- Bake according to clay instructions.
- Cover the top part of the pendant with painters tape.
- Paint the exposed portion with the gold leaf paint.
- Let dry, and then remove the tape.
I wore this out to dinner over the weekend, and a professional ceramic artist stopped me to tell me how much she liked it!
*Amazon.com affiliate links are used in this post.