My mom came to visit a few weeks ago, and had with her a woolen cape that my grandmother had bought in Italy decades before. She wore it around our chilly house, and even while we ran a few errands. It was so much more stylish than a sweatshirt, but still super cozy. I measured hers so I could make one, too!
All you need is one piece of soft, warm no-pill fleece cut to 42" by 65" and a pair of fabric scissors.
- Fold the fleece in half longways (so that it measures 21" by 65").
- Cut a 1" notch in the folded side at 32.5". This will be where the cape sits on the back of your neck.
- Cut down from the notch all the way to the bottom of the fabric.
- Unfold, and wrap around your shoulders!
- Add 2.5" fringe on the bottoms of the front panels for a little extra embellishment.
Update!!! I've gotten a few emails from readers asking about step 3. It's definitely a little confusing...hopefully these photos will help!