Tell me you grew up loving the movie Clueless as much as I did! I made this bag (featuring one of the movie's greatest quotes) for my friend Katy as part of a late birthday/early Christmas present. I really like the gold '90s cell phone silhouette below the quote...
To make your own, you will need:
- This image (or a quote and silhouette of your choice laid out in imaging software)
- A canvas tote bag
- Freezer paper
- Gold metallic iron-on vinyl
- Black fabric paint & sponge brush
- Cutting mat
- X-acto knife
- Ironing board & iron
- Print the quote on the dull side of freezer paper. Cut the silhouette away from the quote and put aside for now.
- Using the X-acto knife, carefully cut out all the letters and punctuation in the quote, making a stencil. Save the little pieces that make up the inside of the "A's", "O's", and "R's".
- Iron the stencil onto the tote bag. Carefully place those little inside letters and iron them on, too.
- Return to the cell phone silhouette and cut it out carefully using the X-acto knife, creating a stencil. Using the cell phone stencil, trace the shape onto the back of the vinyl, and cut that out with the X-acto knife, following the vinyl directions to iron it onto the bag beneath the quote.
- Dab the black paint over the quote stencil with your sponge brush in an even layer. Let it dry completely (preferably overnight), and peel off the freezer paper stencil.
PS - Make tank tops from the movie Flashdance!
*Affiliate links may be used in this post.