File this one under "quick and dirty DIYs." And by "quick and dirty" I mean...I probably need a new filing system. If you're in a pinch for an easy Valentine or a thank-you card that's meaningful, homemade, and still cute, give this one a try.
You will need:
- Blank cards and envelopes
- Washi tape
- Watercolor paints and a little glass of water
- Alphabet stamps and ink pad
- Attach pieces of washi tape in a stripe pattern across the card, making sure you press down hard all the way across. (It's a good idea to have a piece of scrap paper underneath to catch bleeding paint.)
- Brush a light coat of water across the card, then paint your watercolors. I liked using just blue for the thank-you card I made, then a combination of orange, pink, and yellow for the Valentine's Day card. Allow the paint to dry completely!
- Once the paint is dry, carefully peel the tape off.
- Stamp your message!
- If your card is a little wavy after the paint dries, try putting a few heavy books on top of it for an hour or two to help straighten it out.