Last night, I finally finished the last handmade gift on my list. (The joints of my left hand are still aching after a few weeks of intense knitting.) After all the wrapping was done -- after a weekend of baking, packing, crafting, and shopping -- Kristie and I crashed on the couch and watched Despicable Me 2. I was So. Tired. (And still am, as you'll be able tell by the rest of this ramble-y post.)
But this morning, while listening to Christmas carols on the radio, I felt relief. Excitement. Christmas is coming! My obligations have been met! And today is my last day in the office until (almost) 2014. I can't wait to get to Connecticut tonight to be with my family for all these reasons and more. Comfort and joy are right around the corner.
Sidebar: This has been an especially great year thanks to you guys. You have no idea how special it is every time you comment, send me a tweet, or like one of my photos on Instagram. I love connecting with people this way. Kristie, Samson, and I are wishing you all a truly happy and healthy holiday, and a great start to the new year.
I'm taking a break from blogging for a few days. I'll be putting a lot of work into the new design (check it out Jan. 1) and planning exciting projects for the new year. In the meantime, here are some of my favorite holiday posts. I'll be over here listening to Christmas carols and icing my hand. See you in a few days!
- Fauxsgiving and real Thanksgiving (Realsgiving?)
- Our Christmas card photos, and tips on taking photos with your dog from someone who's terrible at it (That's the final card up above from Hello Lucky!)
- Gift guides: for your neighbor, sister, brother, feminist friend, and photo-lover
- DIY photo transfer wood ornaments
- What it's like to be an atheist who loves Christmas
- Knit a Santa hat for baby (This could for sure be done in one night)
- An easy no-bake gluten-free holiday dessert (and the slightly more involved but incredibly delicious chocolate mousse pie)
*Hello Lucky is an affiliate sponsor of the Homesteady. This is not a sponsored post.