I'm so excited to team up with Uncommon Goods and bring you six Mother's Day gift ideas, chosen by my mom herself! My mom and I both admire Uncommon Goods' commitments to small businesses, non-profits, and handmade/sustainable gifts (get more ideas for Mother's Day gifts here and here!), and I'm really happy to work with them again (check out my kitchen composter review).
Mama and I sat down last weekend and she picked out the gifts that she'd like to receive for Mother's Day (and many hint-hints were thrown around). My mom has eclectic taste -- she likes gardening, traveling, hanging out with her awesome kids (ha!), and her sense of humor is spot-on. Here's what she had to say about each gift idea she chose:
- Wool Landscape Scarf - "This looks like it's handmade. I love the colors. I'd wear it to work. I'd wear it for 'best.' That comes from Beatrix Potter."
- Fern Frond Earrings - "I love these. They're delicate and unusual. I'd wear them many times. I really like them."
- Safari Animal Pillows - "I like things from Africa because I went there. [Ed.: My mom volunteered at an orphanage in Tanzania for 10 days with a group called Artists for World Peace.] The colors are gorgeous -- look at that! That's beautiful. I love batik."
- Flip Flop Mat - "It's recycled, it's colorful, it's useful. It looks like it would feel good on your bare feet. You could hose it down easily to clean it."
- Recycle A Bottle Plant Nanny Stake - "If you go away for a few days to a week, you don't have to ask anybody to water. Plus they're pretty. It matches the plant. You should see the conglomerations I set up when I have to go away. I have pots and pans and Pyrex dishes. This looks easier."
- Slate Cheese Board - "At holidays we always put out a lot of cheeses and nobody knows what's what. Plus it looks cool. And it's made of a natural material."
*Thank you to Uncommon Goods for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own my mom's.